Tuesday, October 11, 2005

why I wouldnt be a Christian 5

Why I wouldn’t be a Christian continued

  • There is so much hatred done in the world in the name of religion. Christianity is no different. Why should I follow any religion that divides people into two groups: those who are in and those who are out? We would be much better off if we all just thought for ourselves. Go with your heart and realize everyone has part of the truth.

  • Christians are so wimpy. Turn the other cheek? Love your enemy? If you let people walk all over you then you are not being healthy, you are being codependent.

  • How could I be a Christian? The things I have done in my life are awful. Jesus might be OK for naïve nice people and little old ladies, but the walls would cave in if I ever stepped foot in a church! I sit in the back if I ever go to a wedding or a funeral.

  • My family is Jewish (or Moslem). They would disown me and never talk to me again if I ever became a Christian. It would break my grandma’s heart.

I will stop here and tomorrow begin making observations on the objections to being a Christian.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."