Friday, October 07, 2005

why I wouldn't be a Christian 3

Still more reasons why a person wouldn’t be a Christian.

  • Expectations. I don’t want anyone to expect anything from me. If I was a Christian, then other people would expect me to act a certain way or think a certain way. I don’t want to be placed in any category. I am a complex person.Also, I don’t want to be expected to give money to a church. If I am supposed to give, what is it, 10% of my income to the church, what am I going to be left with? I already give a ton of money to taxes. How do I know what they are going to do with my money anyway?

  • Related to expectations, I like to think for myself. Christians are not very bright. They think the universe was created in 6 days and is only 10,000 years old. How could I have intellectual integrity and believe in something like that?Christians follow the Bible like it’s, well, the Bible or something. I would have to say I believe in a book that is full of contradictions. A book that is filled with violence and hatred towards anyone who is not a Christian.We have evolved so far as human beings that what they wrote thousands of years ago can’t have any real relevance today. They don’t know what we know now.

  • I know Christians. They go to church on Sunday, but they don’t live like they believe it on Monday. They gossip and curse. I have seen Christians get wasted at parties. They fight with their spouse and kids. I thought you were supposed to be different if you are a Christian? They act like everybody else if you ask me. At least I don’t pretend like I am something I am not.    

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."