Tuesday, October 25, 2005

responnse 10


  • I don’t want to open myself up to be changed. My life is fairly comfortable right now. What if I get caught up in the whole Jesus thing? I am frightened of what might become of me. What will my friends think? There are just too many unknowns.
This is a difficult situation to face. It sounds like things are going pretty well for you. You are not like many people who became Christian as the result of some crisis in their lives. At the same time, it sounds like you are leaning toward thinking Jesus might really be Lord. If you are content in your life, though, why add something with the potential of really mixing things up? Two reasons.

First, if Jesus is God, then he deserves your worship and obedience. If he is who he says he is, then the things he says are true. He says you must be in relationship with him in order to live with him forever. You have to trust in him now. There is no getting around this basic fact.

Second, until you open yourself to experience trust in Jesus, you won’t experience him. The joy and full life he has designed you for is not yours unless you want it. Without Jesus, you will never be who you are intended to be. There will be times in your life when you will know to the depths of who you are that there is something missing. That something is Jesus. A “Jesusless” life is the ultimate lost opportunity.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."