Wednesday, October 26, 2005

response 11

  • I think it is wonderful that other people are Christian. If their faith helps them get by, that’s great. I have too many questions about the Bible and what Christians believe. I would not be welcome with so much doubt.

Repentance is honestly confessing I turn away from God and his ways. It is acknowledging my way doesn’t work and I am on a path to destruction without Jesus. I desperately need his help.

Who needs to repent? I do, and so do you. As C.S. Lewis once said, (I paraphrase) ‘The average human being can be so godlike that you are tempted to worship him/her, and at other times closer to the Devil of hell.’

It is not just “nice” to follow Jesus, it is absolutely essential.

As far as the questions go, most are just because you have never done a careful, straight forward, deep reading of the Bible and you haven’t examined the evidence concerning Jesus. A thorough understanding of what the various groups of Christians actually think would be helpful, as well. Questions are always welcome, but the Christian community will expect you to do your homework.
  • I really do think Jesus could be God. I see how Christians are always the ones trying to help other people. I am not naïve. I know the media bias about Christians is just for effect. I have seen how much Christians can love. My real problem is this. How do I admit that I have been wrong all these years and this Jesus stuff is real?

The first great sin that is overcome when you begin a relationship with Jesus is the sin of pride. To follow Christ is to realize I am wrong about just about everything when I rely on me. It’s OK to admit you are wrong about Jesus. It doesn’t bother him. He is thrilled you have opened yourself to his love. This opening begins with pure honesty.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."