Monday, October 10, 2005

why I wouldn't be a Christian 4

Why I wouldn’t be a Christian continued.

  • I believe in Jesus, I just don’t think you have to go to church. I pray and I think about Jesus some time. I try to live a good life. I know what I believe. It is between me and God.

  • I don’t want to open myself up to be changed. My life is fairly comfortable right now. What if I get caught up in the whole Jesus thing? I am frightened of what might become of me. What will my friends think? There are just too many unknowns.

  • I think it is wonderful that other people are Christian. If their faith helps them get by, that’s great. I have too many questions about the Bible and what Christians believe. I would not be welcome with so much doubt.

  • I really do think Jesus could be God. I see how Christians are always the ones trying to help other people. I am not naïve. I know the media bias about Christians is just for effect. I have seen how much Christians can love. My real problem is this. How do I admit that I have been wrong all these years and this Jesus stuff is real?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."