Wednesday, January 05, 2005

the choice

So, I am looking at the various statues of ganesh at the Norton Simon, and then I'm thinking about God coming to earth as Jesus. Some of these statues are formed during the same time Jesus was here in person. There is a distinct difference here. Worshipping a many limbed man with the head of an elephant or worshipping the God made man who said,

Luke 4:18-19
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
for he has appointed me to preach Good News to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim
that captives will be released,
that the blind will see,
that the downtrodden will be freed from their oppressors,
[19] and that the time of the Lord's favor has come."

Why did some people worship an elephant god and some Jesus? Same time, same “eastern” culture. Same intelligence, same human need, same seeking. Why?

When you think of this situation at its basic core, it is an amazing statement of God allowing human freedom of thought. The Bible addresses this issue. (Romans 1:18-22)

I am thinking about this deeply. Every one of us has a choice. Either Jesus is God or he is not.

Follow the evidence. Open yourself to the possibility.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."