Thursday, September 02, 2004

want a space station?


I met a guy named Lloyd today who has a scrap metal business. He has yards in LA and Oakland and deals with some pretty amazing "junk." He has tanks. Yes, real tanks. The kind with guns. He has "duck" boats. You know the ones with wheels and a ramp like they used on Omaha Beach on D Day? And he has a space station. Seems they build a duplicate in case the original didn't work. Now Lloyd must have a good business, as I think he said he had something like 70 people working for him.

So this all kind of freaks me out. I recycle cans, bottles, paper and so forth, while Lloyd does space stations and tanks. He's doing his part and I'm doing mine, but my efforts seem small compared to his. I'm not talking about what either of us is accomplishing, just the scope of the issue.

It's like this. Are there big things I am doing for the benefit of others. Or am I only doing small things? I guess it just depends what you are working on. You do the best with what you have. Jesus said, "If you have a lot, I expect a lot." (Luke 12:48)

But with Jesus, even if you have a little he expects a lot. He wants everything. Pepsi can or space station, Jesus wants it all.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."