Tuesday, September 07, 2004

bigot


It goes something like this.

I believe Jesus is the Savior. You believe all religions lead to God. I believe it is only through Jesus that you can be saved. You say I am being a “bigot.” Does this mean, you are telling me I am wrong, among other things? Why am I wrong? For saying you are wrong? So, does this mean you are the only person who is allowed to call the other one wrong? Isn’t that being bigoted? Let’s see.

The meaning of “bigot,” comes from the Middle French word meaning, “hypocrite.” I am not calling you a “bigot” because I believe you are wrong. I am just calling you wrong. You are calling me a “bigot” because you disagree with me, but there is no hypocrisy in my opposition to your logic. I come by my opposition honestly; not as a hypocrite. I think you are wrong.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."