Tuesday, May 23, 2006

to all the princesses


While settling back in at home after being away for about 10 days, I realize how you just want to stop the world and take a deep breath. There was no time however, as Sunday we had an awesome event for women, young and old, the “Princess Tea.” Hair done, makeup, nails, massage, you name it, the little ones were pampered by the teenage beauty parlor workers and “older” friends. The message is clear.

You are all princesses, daughters of the King.

My highlights were being able to sing “My Girl” to my favorite princess, Kristina, and taking the “Heart Walk.” This was like “The Mummy” walk at Universal Studios except instead of monsters leaping out to scare me, we were guided to stations while Monica read scripture that reminded us about what godly character and the power of the Holy Spirit can do in our lives. Lucky the tent path was dark because this macho prince was shedding a few tears. This was a very healing experience which reminds me of another. I will let you know tomorrow.

Sidenote: Who is reading this from Benin? I would love to know who you are, living in the former site of the great kingdom of Dahomey. E mail me at
christcast@gmail.com if you are still reading this.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."