Thursday, May 25, 2006

personal healing

When we are talking about personal sin, it is the first step to healing. This is why Jesus was looking for repentance (turning to God in an honest way) as a critical factor in physical healing, as well as emotional.

Matthew 9
1Jesus stepped into a boat, crossed over and came to his own town. 2Some men brought to him a paralytic, lying on a mat. When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven."

Nothing is more powerful than to be encouraged by Jesus that I can start fresh. The healing that begins knowing I am reconciled to Jesus is powerful. It is such a cleansing. Think of your body as connected to Jesus. If I want it to be, it will be. Then when I think of who I am, I am not alone. I am actually so enmeshed with Jesus I am hidden.

Colossians 3
1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.
You can be connected to the Kingdom power of Jesus now! That which would separate you from God is dead and gone. With Jesus, your appearance is a reflection of him. Hidden with Christ…Not a bad option…

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."