Wednesday, May 17, 2006

massage and life

I had a massage while in Colorado, and the masseuse was wonderfully talented. It was an experience that I will remember for a long time.

The first thing William wanted to know was a life history of my body. It is not as weird as it sounds. Was there any problem I was aware of? Had I had surgery or any other trouble recently? I let him know about surgery on my knee two years ago and that my back got sore once in a while when I travel. Then he was ready..

He said he was going to take about 1 ½ hours. You can either talk or be quiet. I decided to talk, or rather have him talk. I asked William how long he had lived in Colorado and then he went on from there.

From a bed and breakfast built out of hay bales, adobe, and stucco, to meeting his wife at Esalen Institute way back in the day; it was a movie script of a life. I listened and grunted once in a while, lying on my stomach most of the time. It was unbelievably relaxing.

How much of anyone's life is like a fascinating movie? Like, everyone you meet? Probably. Everyone has a story. You just need to ask. You might even get practical advice for your life.

For example, the bottom of your feet, especially below the toes, is the most sensitive area of your body to massage. No wonder I can't go barefoot! It didn't tickle but it was refreshing. Such a feeling of well being. I bought some foot lotion at the airport and I am going to do some massaging of my wife's feet when I get home. Nancy likes it and she deserves such attention.

More on feet tomorrow. Really!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."