Sunday, June 01, 2008

this matters


Yesterday, after having lunch, I stopped at a party for Lisa: birthday/ graduation/ college scholarship celebration. What a great time to be graduating from High School. "A whole life ahead of you" and such comes to mind. What an amazing young woman (Lisa is at the back left next to the one goofy guy/son sitting with the godchicks). 

How do I know it's a great time for someone like Lisa? How can I be sure?

She gets it.

I really like the quote:

"The best way to predict the future is to create it."

Then I remember another one: 

"If you want God to laugh, just tell him your plans."

These are not mutually exclusive statements. 

The specifics can vary widely but you can become the kind of person who has a lot to do with what your future is going to hold. 

I am going to comment on this during the week. High school graduates, high school students, and those who love them, check it out. Who knows, I might come up with something.

Hey Lisa- you rock


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pastor Dana, Very cool for you to post this on your blog! Gives me a good excuse to send your blog link to some of our friends and family too! Thanks from Lisa's Proud Mom

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."