Monday, June 09, 2008

way of life

Read one psalm a day with me and I will comment on a verse from each. Starting today to the end of the year, we will cover every Psalm!

 

PS 1:2 But they delight in the law of the Lord,

      meditating on it day and night.

 

When we think of the word “law,” we don’t get too excited about it. Unless there are flashing red lights behind us.

 

The word “law” in the Old Testament is a way of life given by God. It is not a list of rules to follow as much as it is guideposts for healthy living. When you are appreciating God’s Word and you are becoming familiar with it, it expands who you are.

 

Why would knowing the scripture be better than not knowing it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The more scripture I know, the more I know God: who He is, what He can do,and how He wants to work in my life.

Thank you Jesus
Cherrie

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."