Thursday, June 12, 2008

rest

PS  4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

 

“Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.”

 

What was I thinking as a young child as I was saying that nighttime prayer? What were you thinking if you said that prayer?

 

“Good night mom, if I don’t croak I will be seeing you tomorrow morning.”

 

All I know is if God has my soul in his hands, I am ready for anything. Even a good nights sleep.

 

If you are having trouble sleeping, try thanking God for filling you with peace and expect it to happen.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."