Wednesday, June 28, 2006

what was he thinking?

Did you see minor league manager, Joe Mikulik, from the Ashville Tourists go nuts after a perceived bad call? Well, the tirade is one for the ages. I know there are protocol ways you can argue and be filled with rage in an “acceptable” fashion in baseball, but it doesn’t look healthy to me.

Male anger is one of the deadliest forces in existence. Especially, fueled by drugs or alcohol, it is the source of the vast majority of violent crime. Murder, rape, assault, battery, and abuse all have their root, almost always, in male anger.

When I watch the rage of manager, Mikulik, part of me realizes he is putting on a show, part of me kind of laughs about it, part of me wonders what he would be doing if he had a couple of Jack Daniels before the game, and part of me is uneasy at this display of one of the greatest problems in the world today. I'm sure the guys at
www.baseballgeeks.com will weigh in on this, this weekend. Check them out.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."