Wednesday, June 21, 2006

leaders read

I am currently having problems with my e mail account. This is a challenge for us all when it happens. I am not utterly dependant on it, but it is close. One of the things I do with this blog is I send it directly to high school youth and leaders who I work with. This is fondly called a forced blog by a friend, but it is helpful because high schooler’s like e mail and you read when you lead.

Leaders read. I read every day for about 2 + hours. In my occupation this is a necessity, and it also happens to be a positive habit I don’t plan on breaking. Currently this means, the latest science reports, Biblical scholar N.T. Wright, a Spanish/ English Bible (I have a weekly study with bilingual guys, “Pastor, we do speak English”), and
Lead Like Jesus, by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges.

I have a friend Greg who always asks me what I am reading lately whenever he sees me, and I like to reciprocate. Greg is a voracious reader and he makes great choices. So, what are you reading?

Besides this?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."