Monday, June 05, 2006

up close and personal

I can pretty much get along with anyone. In a warped way I may act perturbed at times, but it is almost always a show; I am honestly from a scale of positive regard to enthusiastic, no matter who walks through the door. I am not the friendliest, most encouraging person to hang around with, but I do bring life to the room rather than suck the life out. I keep things moving without dominating or orchestrating. I bring energy to the table.

When I spend time with extremely encouraging people, I realize how much they are gifted. I try to learn from them and model some of their behavior, as long as it fits my personality. I don’t try to be them. I don’t place the highest premium of life on encouragement alone. I place the highest premium on being honest in seeking the truth, with courage and consideration. This is why I am so focused on teaching and leading others to understand with confidence the reasonability of the Christian worldview as the best view of reality there is in the world and inviting them to live in it.

At the same time I realize my view of reality is limited because I am limited. If you have a different worldview, I am not telling you I think I am personally superior. I just ask that you keep seeking the truth as I keep seeking the truth. Let’s learn from each other and let’s see if we can’t build on agreement and encourage each other on this path. I am betting my life on Jesus and you are not. This doesn’t mean we can’t support each other and connect.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."