Monday, June 19, 2006

post father's day

Father’s Day was great, as usual. Talked to my dad and father-in-law, and wondered if my own kids would be calling me someday.

I hope not.

Don’t get me wrong. I want to be remembered on Father’s Day. This is one crass commercialized holiday I want kept, well, crass and commercialized. I love when they get me a card and I’ll even take a gift if I am forced to.

What I mean, though, is I want to be there to be able to see them in person, always. That is going to be tricky. With three kids, Nancy and I are not going to be able to move to three places to stick around with each of them when they have new families. The reality is there is only one more year left where we will all be in the same house for the whole year.

Kristina will be off to college and then it starts. I will choose not to think of that right now and just bask in the day after Father’s Day glow.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."