Thursday, March 09, 2006

last blog from Texas

Last blog from Texas as I will be home tomorrow. It is really quite peaceful down here on Padre Island. South Padre will see all the spring breakers starting tomorrow, so basically I missed all of that excitement by one day. Thousands of college-aged women all around. O ya, I guess guys, too. It is just as well. What do I want to be around all of that… old-enough-to-be-their-father-with-my-hat-pulled-down-low-over-my-bald-head-and-my-cool-shades-on…sucking-in-my-gut…it is so sad.

Instead I am returning to my wonderful and lovely wife of almost 20 years, three teenagers (you old geez, quit looking at my daughter!!), and two labs who just can’t wait to jump on me.

My in-laws are the best and this has been so much fun. I learned how to filet a fish (finally caught a keeper the last day), hung out and talked about life, and I introduced my in-laws to the secret of their neighbor. They live on a canal connected to the intercoastal waterway and so right across the water about 80 yards away is their cross-the-water neighbor, X. To know me, you eventually have to know I am a life long Packer fan. What you may not know is my second favorite team growing up was the Dallas Cowboys. X played for them.

If you go on the web you will see people asking where X is today. E-bay has requests for pictures, autographs, etc. and no one seems to know where he is. Except me. I just saw him putzing around in his yard a while back.

“Hey _____! I’m your neighbor! Can I get a picture? An autograph? Do you know who you are?”

Well e-bay fans, you will just have to keep looking. My in-laws are acquainted with X and won’t let me tell you who he is.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."