Tuesday, March 07, 2006

go figure

I am on Padre Island looking out over the water. When you drive around, you realize how flat it is. It would take a hurricane along with a big surge to cover this place with water. Which has happened. In Corpus Christi. I saw pictures from the “big one” in 1919. Hotels and homes. Now you see them; now you don’t.

I haven’t asked my father-in-law what kind of homeowners insurance he has. I wonder if you can even get it for hurricane. Does everyone just wait for the government to step in? If you think this one through logically, basically someone in Iowa is working harder to pay more taxes to get ready to pay for a hurricane that damages Padre Island homes that are built right where hurricanes go. Kind of like paying for my house in LA built right where we have had two major earthquakes in the last 35 years. Is this a great country or what?

Thank you Iowa person, whoever you are.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."