Monday, November 14, 2005

shock- Christians want others to be Christian

In Acts 24-26, Paul is being accused of causing trouble and inciting riots. He is given the opportunity to explain his case to Felix, the Roman governor of the area. Later Festus, the replacement governor, and then Agrippa, the local Jewish king, also hear Paul’s testimony of the difference between his following Jesus, called, “The Way,” and Judaism. When Paul is testifying before King Agrippa, he says,

“King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do-“

Agrippa replies,

“Do you think you can make me a Christian so quickly?”

Paul replies,

“Whether quickly or not, I pray to God that both you and everyone here in this audience might become the same as I am, except for these chains.”

Christians want people who are not Christian to become Christians. Is that so strange? I don’t know any human being who doesn’t follow this same guideline.

“This is the way I think at my very core. I desire that you would think that way, too.”


Even
Baha’i, which is a mixture of many religions, wants people to think Baha’i is correct. I don’t know of any worldview where its adherents don’t think they are right about what they think. Who doesn’t want people to see eye to eye with them?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."