Monday, November 21, 2005

Last weekend, I attended a worship seminar by my friend LeRoy, worship pastor at a local church. He had a great insight about what happens at worship.

When you worship in a church setting, what are you doing? What is on your mind? It may be two things that have little to do with worship.

You are looking around thinking about other people who are there.

You are looking around and thinking about what others are thinking about you.

LeRoy is right on. It is so difficult to do anything that doesn’t have to do with what I think or what others think about me. Is it any wonder Jesus can get through all of this?

There is a question that would be helpful concerning worship. When you are leaving the sanctuary (worship center), ask yourself, “After what just happened, is Jesus thinking, ‘Wow! (Fill in your name) really appreciates me!’”

It is not what I think about you.

It is not what you think about me.

It is what Jesus thinks.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."