Monday, September 25, 2006

day 7- who are you?

29Jesus replied, "The most important commandment is this: `Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. 30And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.' 31The second is equally important: `Love your neighbor as yourself.' No other commandment is greater than these."
(Mark 12:29-31 NLT)

Our human nature is how God designs us. You could call it “the dimensions of our existence.” What makes you “you.” Jesus gives us an understanding of what our human nature is made of in his answer to a lawyer’s question, “What is the most important commandment?”

‘Love God and neighbor with everything you are.’

What are we?

Jesus breaks it down to five parts.

Heart
Soul
Mind
Strength (body)
Neighbor (social dimension)

If I can understand what makes me “me,” then I can begin to see how transformation affects all parts of my life. I will look at each of these dimensions and their relationship to spiritual formation.

When you do things for others today, do it as if you are doing it for God. No, really…

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."