Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bible hike

Being away for three days with other church leaders and praying, eating, and praying, and sleeping, and praying, and then praying. Sounds impossible/ boring/ uncomfortable, but it was none of these.

Refreshed/ committed/ urgency/ “band of brothers,” all we have completely in common is Jesus. Jesus is enough. Jesus is always enough.

The highlight for me was hiking with another brother early in the morning and reaching the top of the mountain we were on and looking out over a lake framed by pine trees and then he whips out his Bible and we do an impromptu Bible study on ministry. I wasn’t expecting that and wondered at his motivation.

Was he taking this Bible stuff too far?
Was he getting points for doing this?
Was he trying to tell me something?

No, it’s just what he does. And I was blessed. So blessed in fact, that I was looking forward to the next day when I could ask him to do the same thing, only this time I hiked a lot faster so I could hear scripture and David’s reflections that much sooner.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."