Tuesday, December 13, 2005

light of the world

John 8
12Jesus said to the people, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't be stumbling through the darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."


Matthew 5
14You are the light of the world--like a city on a mountain, glowing in the night for all to see.

Jesus calls himself the light and he calls me the light. It can’t get any clearer than this. He expects me to live my life the way he would live it if he were I. He expects you to live your life as he would live it.

If he has these expectations then he gives the ability. He is not telling us to do something that he doesn’t expect us to be able to do. There is nowhere in scripture where Jesus says, “Do this,” or “Be this,” that he doesn’t expect us to be able to do or be. The creator accomplishes whatever he wants.

“I am the light of the world.”

“You are the light of the world.”

Wow! You aren’t just a student getting ready to take a test today. You aren’t someone getting ready to go to work. You aren’t a “normal” person at all. If you follow Jesus, you are the light of the world.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."