Wednesday, December 14, 2005

enlighting

A Japanese scientist finds that human hands, foreheads, and the soles of the feet emit detectable light.
(Discover Magazine, Nov. 2005, pg. 9)


29When Moses came down the mountain carrying the stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant, he wasn't aware that his face glowed because he had spoken to the LORD face to face. 30And when Aaron and the people of Israel saw the radiance of Moses' face, they were afraid to come near him.
(Exodus 34:29-34)

There is a lot of glare coming from my forehead. It has been uncovered since the 80’s. Not by choice, but by allowing nature to take her course, as it were. Yet, fortunately, people are not afraid to come near me.

This light topic is pretty fascinating. It is interesting how much light keeps coming up in the story of God’s people in the Bible. It is interesting how important light is for the whole scientific venture.

The more we learn about light, the more interesting it makes my Bible reading. I am not trying to make a direct correlation between what the ancients wrote and what we are currently discovering. My faith is based on the evidence of the physical resurrection of Jesus from the dead and its aftermath. The correlations are not insignificant, though. I will say it is fascinating to see the evidence of nature make my biblical study more intriguing.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."