Wednesday, February 09, 2005

vacancy

On the path of discipleship, our greatest desire is to have more of God in our lives. At the same time, we don’t possess the capability to demand of God more of himself. God is in charge God. We can’t orchestrate his life. What can we do?

We are in charge of choices. We have the ability to consciously choose to die more to our being in control. “Death to self” is an act of will. This is where I realize that my life isn’t going to shatter simply because I don’t get my way. We can’t force God to give us more of him, but we can give up more of ourselves, and guess who will fill in our will?

God.

It is like the “Control” Motel with a “Vacancy” sign out front. We invite God to come on in and make himself at home. Then he will “leave a light on” for us.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."