Friday, February 04, 2005

CSI and intelligent design


All CSI, all the time. Grissom, Catherine, Warrick, Sarah, Greg, and Nick. I have no idea who they are, but I do know that this show is like the Simpsons. It’s on all the time and on every channel. I know. I haven’t watched a full episode, but my wife and daughter are fascinated. It’s on all the time. The only thing I can figure is Nancy is an expert at puzzles and Kristina’s goal is medical school and pediatrics. Also, I guess a show basically about dead bodies might be interesting to the niece, granddaughter, great granddaughter, and great-great granddaughter of funeral directors.

But, here is what I am thinking. A team of people are spending an hour examining the evidence and coming up with the best possible explanation for something that happened in the past but was not directly observed. This is called, “Forensic Science.”

Boy does this sound familiar. Examine the evidence and come up with the best possible explanation for something that occurred in the past which cannot be directly observed. Sounds a lot like intelligent design. I haven’t heard anyone talking about “Intelligent Design Science” lately. Interesting.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."