Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I'm sorry

I was reading Colossians 3:21 this morning to our boys, when David asked me to say that again. “Fathers, don’t aggravate your children…” I paused, knowing where he was going with the question. Last weekend he had a couple of turnovers (basketball) in a close game and I yelled (screamed, actually) at him from the sideline. I felt better, but of course, it didn’t help him.

“The Bible is talking about like the game this weekend.”

“Yep.”

“Like when you yelled at me.”

“I’m sorry I yelled, David, but you always ask me to tell you what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong.”

“But not yelling.”

“Ya, I’ll do better about not yelling.”

It dawns on me; there is no record of Jesus apologizing. He never said he was sorry for anything. No wonder it is so hard to say I am sorry. I think I am the Messiah, after all.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."