Wednesday, December 22, 2004

what I can do for you

As I alluded yesterday, my primary goal in life is to grow as a disciple of Jesus. A central role of a disciple is witnessing to Jesus. I want you to trust in Jesus as your Lord and Savior. I want you to be a disciple, too. Practically, here are some ways I can go about living my role.

I can pray for you. Jesus is guiding the whole process of receiving the gift of faith and so I communicate with him about you.

I can befriend you. I have to be in relationship with you in order to get to know you and for you to know me. In this way we can explore faith together. This isn’t weird or manipulative as there is nothing more caring and valuable I can do with you than join you in exploring deep issues.

I can listen to you. What do you think about Jesus? Where do you get your ideas about Jesus and the Christian faith? It is important for us to see what we hold in common where we differ.

I can study for you. I have to be informed about Christianity, other worldviews, and the whole process of clear, principled, reasonable thinking. I honor you by making an informed case for Jesus.

I can behave myself. I have to model life the way Jesus would live my life if he were me, as much as possible. It isn’t helpful for you if there is any confusion of me saying one thing and doing another.


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."