Friday, May 30, 2008

my friend's birthday


Guys are so different than women when it comes to personal life. Philip (pictured here) is someone I am as close to as just about anyone; we have connected as friends, confidants and colleagues for about four years now. So, what is the "different than women" angle?

Today is Philip's birthday. We meet often on Friday morning for coffee and so we just happen to get together this morning. 

P: "O, by the way, today's my birthday."
D: "No way." (what I really meant: "Am I an idiot for not knowing that.")

So how many women out there are very close to someone and you don't know their birthday? Is this a guy thing or is it just me?

I did a preemptive strike with Philip. My birthday is exactly one week later on June 6.

Philip you are one of the coolest, most authentic gifted guys I know. Even though I don't know your birthday. Now I do. 

Happy birthday, friend! Love you, man...(guy talk for intimate expression of affection)

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."