Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I mean it

Deuteronomy 16:15 For seven days you must celebrate this festival to honor the Lord your God at the place he chooses, for it is he who blesses you with bountiful harvests and gives you success in all your work. This festival will be a time of great joy for all.

God: You will have a party and you will enjoy it for a whole week and that’s an order!

Christians: You can’t possibly mean that. The last thing the world needs is to see Christians having fun at church. They won’t think we take you seriously enough.

God: I didn’t ask you what you think. Now, have fun. It is me you are celebrating. I like it when you are happy.

What would someone think of the God you worship when they look at your main attitude of life?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."