Tuesday, May 20, 2008

abundance

Deuteronomy 14:26 When you arrive, you may use the money to buy any kind of food you want—cattle, sheep, goats, wine, or other alcoholic drink. Then feast there in the presence of the Lord your God and celebrate with your household. 

“Scarcity mentality” means there isn’t enough to go around and so I have to be selfish and look out for my self. This means being stingy with what I invest in God’s mission through my local church. This means I neglect to consider those in need. I may even criticize my church for not doing enough for those in need, but personally I don’t do jack. Christians are an interesting bunch.

“Abundance mentality” is God’s thinking. Always more than enough to go around. This text from Deuteronomy is instructions for worshipers who are coming to church with a big offering after the harvest. Look again at what it tells the worshipers to do. Interesting...

What would be different about your life if you had abundance mentality?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."