Monday, March 12, 2007

repentance

Daniel 9:3
So I turned to the Lord God and pleaded with him in prayer and fasting. I also wore rough burlap and sprinkled myself with ashes.

In the Old Testament, prayer, fasting, sackcloth and ashes often go together when repentance is the order for the day. God certainly knows if we are open to new life through his forgiveness. Why all the extra emphasis. Think of it this way. In prayer we give attention. In fasting our physical desire. In sackcloth and ashes our desire for recognition. All of this together seems to be saying, “OK God, I understand. I am taking this seriously.”

Think about your humility before the Lord throughout the day.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."