Thursday, March 01, 2007

mind and heart

Isaiah 38:3
3 “Remember, O LORD, how I have always been faithful to you and have served you single-mindedly, always doing what pleases you.” Then he broke down and wept bitterly.

Emotions play a key part in our relationships. Yet, as Dallas Willard has said, ‘Emotions make good servants, but terrible masters.’

We don’t consider God and his ways with us using an emotional barometer. I don’t have to feel good all the time to know God is with me. In fact, my relationship with God is way more about thinking. Loving the Lord God with my mind first and foremost.

Consider giving your emotions over to God for the day and pray for his guidance.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."