Wednesday, March 07, 2007

keep looking

Jeremiah 29:11-13
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

Here God is speaking specifically for his people after 70 years of exile in Babylon. This is a very popular scripture to generalize. It is much quoted concerning our own lives. Verse 13 is one of my favorites to consider when I think of people who don’t know Jesus. Keep looking. If you are honestly seeking, God always shows up.

How are you looking for God this week?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."