Monday, March 26, 2007

daily bread

Mark 6:46
46 After telling everyone good-bye, he went up into the hills by himself to pray.

So Jesus has just fed 5000 men, plus women and children (not how you take attendance at a Dodger game, by the way), on a little bread and a couple of fish. Instead of keeping the feast going, celebrating his miracle of food, like his miracle of wine prior, Jesus says, “So long, I’m going to spend some time with the Father for a while.”

I want to know what they talked about.

“Now that was a good one Father. Wine, bread and fish, what am I a grocery store? Manna from heaven? Oh, yeah….I remember…”

Pray for those who are going to bed hungry tonight.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."