Wednesday, January 10, 2007

God knows

1 Kings 8:28

Yet give attention to your servant's prayer and his plea for mercy, O LORD my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence this day.

Solomon was a wise man. He knew where his help would come from. He asks God to listen. Notice he doesn’t ask for God to bless his plans. Instead he asks God to forgive him.

When we pray, we don't need to analyze the situation and then give God all the possible solutions. There is a time for thinking and strategy on our part, but God knows what's going on. We never do wrong to start out with confession.
For a forgiven sinner, even the wrong action can result in good if you are keeping close to God. At times, this prayer is appropriate:

“Jesus, forgive me, and give me what I need in spite of what I think I need.”


Where do you need forgiveness today?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."