Wednesday, January 17, 2007

confess

1 Chronicles 21:17
“I pray, O Lord my God, let your anger fall against me and my family, but do not destroy your people.”

David is worried that God will punish the people for what he, David, has done. Being honest before God is not easy. We can spend a lot of effort trying to fool him. Let’s think about this. The creator and sustainer of the entire universe and beyond, and the one who knows my every thought…

When we keep our sins to ourselves, we put a wall up to the power of God’s forgiveness to flow through us. This keeps us separated from God and from each other.
It’s probably a good idea to be like King David and just tell God the truth. Confession is the beginning of real freedom.

What do you need to confess to God today?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."