Saturday, October 16, 2004

perfection again

Let’s continue to look at “perfection,” or “completeness.” Can we achieve it? This side of heaven I would argue we won’t, but logically I can’t say we can’t. Can I give my life over to Jesus so much that I will simply think like he thinks and act like he would act if he were me in that situation? This is the message Jesus gives. “Through me all things are possible.”

The life of a disciple is a process of maturing. If you are truly a disciple of Jesus, then the older you are, the more Christlike you will become. This is the claim made by Paul when he says “be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” So, when you don’t see someone growing in Christlike maturity, it is reasonable to assume they are not learning from Jesus.

Dallas Willard says, “We can become the kind of people who can do whatever we want.” This is a striking statement. When our will is more and more in tune with God’s will, this will, indeed, be the case. A fully devoted follower of Christ.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."