Friday, October 29, 2004

the "Jesus" talk

Well, it’s time to give the “Jesus” talk when it comes to politics, elections, and current events. As Dallas Willard would say, “As we face life immersed in the Trinitarian Reality, it is a perfectly safe place to be.”

In other words, “Don’t sweat it.”

It is important to vote because this exercise in democracy is a key cornerstone of our nation. We are to be involved in this process as good citizens and being a good citizen is a byproduct of being a good disciple of Jesus. But, I really have to say, what seems less important, when all is said and done, is who actually is elected. Yes, I know it matters from a human and historical perspective, but from an eternal perspective, whoever is elected will not have the impact of the power of the Holy Spirit. Will it?

I have bet my life and my family’s life on Jesus. President Bush and John Kerry may or may not be good choices, but Jesus wins every time. He’s the one who has all the answers. Jesus is Lord.

So, I will vote on Tuesday. But I will vote on Sunday, too. I and my family will vote with our praises that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."