Wednesday, June 27, 2007

whose the boss?

Genesis 28:20-22
20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, "If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my father's house, then the LORD will be my God 22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth."

God is so patient and understanding. Look at what Jacob is really saying here. “God if you do this, this, and this, then I will worship you and give offering.” Can you imagine trying to make a deal with God like he is supposed to do what you want because you worship him and give offering? How could Jacob be so naïve and arrogant?

O, yes, I forgot, that sounds a lot like me sometime…

Ask for forgiveness today for taking God for granted.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."