Monday, June 25, 2007

matchmaker

Genesis 24:7
"The LORD, the God of heaven, who brought me out of my father's household and my native land and who spoke to me and promised me on oath, saying, 'To your offspring I will give this land'-he will send his angel before you so that you can get a wife for my son from there."

Here we see God works directly with Abraham. God steps in when God deems it necessary. Then we see God sends an angel to guide the servant of Abraham to find Isaac a wife. God creates angels before the creation of the universe, and one of their functions is to let us know God is with us. They can act as messengers, and in cases like finding a wife for Isaac, guides.

Pray for those who will marry this summer.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."