Tuesday, June 26, 2007

in dreams

Genesis 26:24-28
That night the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham."

When God appears to Isaac the Scripture says, “That night…”

In the context I assume Isaac is dreaming. When God appears while you are sleeping it is a dream and when he appears while you are awake it is called a vision. At least that is the way the Bible speaks of it. All I can say is, “WHOOAAA!!! Who am I LORD that you come to me directly? Next time, just send an angel.”

Although, it’s not as if an angel in the middle of the night is not going to scare the heaven into me either…

Have you heard the voice of God directly in a vision or dream? Has God ever sent you a sign?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."