Friday, June 29, 2007

speech lessons

Exodus 4:12
12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

When God tells Moses to speak to Pharaoh and tell him, “Let my people go!” Moses has a million excuses. This is God’s response. He will be Moses’ speechwriter/ his Henry Higgins (remember “My Fair Lady?”).

As a preacher I wonder how much of what I say is actually from God? I’m not deliberately trying to fool with people, but obviously when God uses me, he uses a human who has his own knowledge of the facts, opinion, personality, passions and the rest. Thank God he can sort through all that.

You might be very good at serving others through your actions as a disciple of Jesus. How are learning to speak for God?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."