Friday, December 22, 2006

day 70- the means to transform my soul 1


What are the means I can use to renovate my soul?

Acknowledge Your Soul and Place It under God

There is so little teaching done on the soul that there is a lot of confusion as to what it is. If I am to make any headway in transformation and the soul is at the center of organizing all the parts of who I am, then I need to spend time thinking of the soul.

The primary place I must change my thinking is in realizing I am not contained in my body. I am not only a physical being. I am a spiritual being who has a body.

We get so enamored by all things scientific that we miss out on the most important part of reality. That which is not measured by instruments. That which will last for eternity. The soul needs proper care just as the body. Our soul lasts forever. It is not some ghost that leaves our body and floats around after we die. The soul is a non-physical entity that isn’t limited to our body’s boundaries now.

Caring for the soul through spiritual disciplines makes it possible to bring refreshment to our existence. There are so many ways our souls are damaged over the years. Abuse, betrayal, abandonment, and other ways that chip away at who we are. We need God to “renew” us. We need to give ourselves over to his care.

Where have you been wounded to the soul?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."