Friday, August 26, 2005

spiritually focused life 1

There is another way.

Not easy.

Not quick.

Out of this world, in fact, but doable. It is His world, afterall.

1. Christ's Way- I can surrender to Jesus. My body will cry out bloody murder against this move crossward, but this is what I was designed for. The earth and my human ways are not my home.

2. Christ's Body, Christ's Choice- With Jesus on the throne of my life, my body becomes the primary vessel with which I serve him and those he loves. I make a commitment to be a "little Christ," as Martin Luther would say.I become conscious of the lag time between stimulus and response. It is within this gap that I chose to live, always ready to pause before I respond or react. Little tips from grandmothers long ago become realistic "body-tamers."

Take a deep breath.

Count to ten.

Think.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."