Friday, September 21, 2007

Jesus is

John 15:5
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.

Did you ever have a little brother or sister who had to follow you wherever you went? People would call him/ her your “little shadow.”

Jesus is more than a shadow. He invites us to remain in him- his presence, his teaching, his love- and he will reciprocate. “I in them.” Jesus calls himself, “God,” several times using the sacred name of God, “I Am.” We see one such example here. “I am the vine.”

Jesus also brings his divine power to the rest of us as we are open to remaining in him. “I in them.” I would follow that big brother, who also happens to be God, wherever he leads. Where else would you want to go?

Pray for brothers and sisters, your own or someone else’s.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."