Thursday, September 20, 2007

better

John 6:56
Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him.

What are we, a bunch of zombies or vampires? It’s passages like these from the Bible that must shock those who don’t know the story of Jesus. What a wonderful teachable moment about the Eucharist; Holy Communion.

Jesus comes to us in the bread and wine of Communion and declares that he is there in a way he is not in the rest of his creation, “for you.” He is present within this sacred act to bring the message of “forgiveness of sin, new life, and salvation.”

This is way better than Dracula or “Night of the Living Dead.”

Pray for those who will receive their first communion soon.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."