Monday, September 24, 2007

different

John 17:21-23
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.

Christians are not called to think exactly alike. The Gospels are a great witness to this. Each of these four accounts of Jesus has a different emphasis by a different author for a different immediate audience. When someone uses the Gospels as an example of “discrepancies” in scripture, you know they haven’t actually thought about them for one minute or perhaps haven’t even read them.

Jesus comes in a specific culture and time and at the same time says all cultures in all times will have an opportunity to understand and trust. However, careful listening is required.

Pray for a local church you don’t attend.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Pastor from LIFEhouse Church in Northridge CA, focusing on the theme, "How To Be A Christian Without Being A Jerk."